Sunday, March 31, 2013

Seeing is believing

I don't know how true this rings for other's with children with autism or on the autism spectrum, but Ryan has to see something to believe it.  He will play his video games, watch movies and read books, and believe those things, but for the most part he wants to see something, touch it, and know it is real.  My mom was the kind of mom who made a big deal out of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, an so on.  I just never was able to get Ryan to believe in those things.  Even his first picture with Santa that he could actually start believing, he was very curious.  So I just never pulled off the whole "Look what Santa left you!"  or "look what the Easter Bunny brought for you!"  Do I wish sometimes that he had believed?  Of course!  It would have made things fun.  That was back in the day before I accepted our kind of normal.  Now I get a kick out of him saying, mom, you have to watch this youtube video with me.  It's called "The Easter Bunny Hates You!"  Yep......go check it out.  Ryan laughs his a** off at this.  I just shake my head!  lol 

Have a Happy Easter......  May God bless you now and always!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment