Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cha-Cha-Changes.........Nope!

I've always said Ryan is an old soul in a young person's body.  With the exception of "Red Robin" and a couple of other places, Ryan likes to eat at places that are usally frequented by the older crowd when we go out.  He will find a store that is a chain, and only want to go to ones that he is familiar with.  It's all routine.  He calls a certain Walmart in our area, "our Walmart."  He calls a certain Ihop in our area, "our Ihop" and so on.  It is kind of funny.  We are Old Navy fans.  A few years ago, Old Navy changed their layout of the store.  Yes, "our Old Navy" store.

We went shopping there one day after the change, and Ryan kind of freaked out over the layout change.  Ryan would usually go look at his department and come back with a shirt or something that he liked.  Well this time he disappeared.  I got nervous.  I was running around looking for him, only to find him standing at the front of the store.  He was standing in one place, just kind of looking out at everybody.  I asked him what was wrong.  His response was, they made changes and I don't like them.  We have to leave!  I said, no, we are not going to leave.  So he said he would stay right there until I was finished shopping.  He did this over the course of about three more visits there.  Now he is fine a few years later.  I call this his "rain man phase."  Yes, I name things with him.  It's just when he makes his mind up......there is no room for changes.  Sometimes I will catch him in a rare mood, and I am able to slide in something different.  It's hard to RSVP for something or make long-term plans.  They usually change......well almost always change.  No two days are the same. 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment