Sunday, April 7, 2013

Believing and Keeping the Faith....

I was going to take a break today.....  Just kind of disappear for a little while, but not "really" disappear.  Then I got up this morning and turned the tv on.  I caught part of Joel Osteen's sermon on the Lifetime Channel.  I had never watched him before, even though my older sister is always asking me if I have. 

The past few months have been rough.  It started when I found a lump in my breast, which turned out not to be cancer, thank God.  But, through all the testing, I had to be tested for a couple more cancers, and some other things.  When that was all said and done, I got a clean bill of health for those things, and got sick with a virus.  I came back to work and a couple of weeks later, I lost my job!  I know, right?  Then my unemployment got messed up, leaving me to milk a final paycheck as long as I could.  Finally, beaten down and feeling broken and unfixable, I reached out for prayers from family and friends.  I am always that one asking for others, but not usually for myself.  I had not gotten any hits from the resumes I had sent out, and poor Ryan was starting to become depressed.  He generally feeds off my energy.  I had been praying and asking for a little help just seemed right.  The following afternoon while with Ryan at his eye doctor's appointment I got a call from one of the recruiters.  I got a job interview the next morning.  That evening I got another call from a firm I had sent my resume to, and they schedule me for an interview tomorrow.  Then I interviewed with another recruiter after the Friday interview, and he is working on getting me an interview with another firm.  So before I could get out of Tampa, I received another call.  This from another firm, and now I have an interview on Tuesday!  Talk about prayers being answered!  I feel so blessed.  I know now that the Lord will not let me down.  This turn has also made Ryan perk up a little bit.  I am believing too that the Lord will provide the gas to get to these interviews.  Either way......I feel it in my soul that I will have a job befor this next week is over!!

Having written that little book, it brings me back to this Joel Osteen sermon I watched this morning.  He was talking about showing kindness.  Showing kindness even when you're sick, don't have money, or anything like that.  To ask God how you be a blessing to someone.  So I immediately thought about a conversation my Ryan and I had one time.  I had a headache and had not been feeling well.  A family member asked for help with something.  I downed some headache medicine, put on my happy face and went to help.  Ryan had asked me why I always do that.  He was abrupt and not happy that I was going to help.  I told him that it's important to help others.  I said, I don't have money to help people, but if there is something else I can do to help others I will.  I told him that acts of kindness is important.  That maybe one day the Lord would bless me.  I said, I don't expect anything in return.  I told him that Granny and Papa had always helped people, and other family members had.  I don't really think Ryan was getting my point.  So this afternoon I tried to explain the sermon I had watched, and all about the kindness.  That if you show kindness it will come back to you in a good way.  It may not happen today or tomorrow, but it will one day.  It may even be when you get to heaven.  I told him that I would continue on this path.  He did not argue with me or question it anymore.  He just shook his head.  I think Ryan and I will be okay.  The bigger and better things will come one day.  Yep.....the best is yet to come!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment